March 08, 2009

Tip For Crocheting with 2 Strands of Yarn

Tip for Crocheting with 2 Strands of Yarn

I just finished a rug that I made holding 2 strands of yarn and using a large hook.

This gives the rug more stiffens and allows for better wear.

This is probably only a handful of projects that I have ever done using 2 strands. My first couple of projects I carefully rolled my yarn into 2 balls and began to crochet. Problem with that is I always ran out of yarn on one ball and didn't have a free end on the left over ball to finish the rug. UGH! Highly irritating.

Now however I look for yarn that has what I fondly call a belly-button. Really it is yarn that has a center end free so that you can unravel it from the inside-out.

Then I take that yarn and the outside yarn and crochet with them!

I never run out on one ball with just a few more rows until completion!


Last photo shows me crocheting with the 2 ends of the same skein.

Hope this works for you!

www.donnascrochetdesigns.com
www.freepatternsdonnascrochetdesigns.com





No comments: