October 16, 2008

Loop Door Curtain Free Crochet Pattern

Loop Door Curtain Free Crochet Pattern

Materials:

2 skeins Red Heart Kids yarn in Beach and H crochet hook or hook needed to obtain gauge.

FINISHED SIZE: 13-1\2" X 48"

Gauge: 4 hdc sts = 1", 2 rows hdc = 3\4", 5 sc sts = 1"

HEADER:

ROW 1: With Beach and H hook ch-50, hdc 3rd ch from hook, hdc ea ch across, ch-1, turn. (48 sts)

ROW 2: Hdc ea st across, ch-1, turn.

ROW 3: Sc 1st st, leave remaining sts unworked, ch-1, turn. (1 st)

ROW 4: Sc st, ch-1, turn.

Rep row 4 until desired length, fasten off.

NEXT STRAND:

ROW 1: With Beach and H hook join in next free st row 1 of header, ch-1, sc sa st as ch-1, leave remaining sts unworked, ch-1, turn. (1 st)

ROW 2: Sc 1st st, ch-1, turn.

Rep row 3 until desired length.

Rep next strand until ever st on header is filled.

Make as many as you need to fill a window or cover a door.

Hang by either using hooks or 3M removable tape.

It's a time consuming project, but still easy to make.

www.donnascrochetdesigns.com
www.freepatternsdonnascrochetdesigns.com

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

curtain was looking so pretty.

Anonymous said...

curtain was looking so pretty.

Guanaja Sharon said...

Ok. I've crocheted for years but what do you mean: "ROW 1: With Beach and H hook join in next free st row 1 of header, ch-1, sc sa st as ch-1, leave remaining sts unworked, ch-1, turn. (1 st)"?
I mean, you say ch-1, sc sa - what is an sa st???

Donna's Crochet Designs said...

Sa = Same
It means single crochet in same stitch as beg ch-1.
Sorry for the confussion. I've stopped using that abbreviation.
Donna

Sherry said...

Great idea Donna!!

Sherry said...

This is a great idea Donna!! I would've never thought of it to replace my missing door! Beads or flowers can be added to the crochet to make it heavier for hanging! Thank you!!

Sherry Buenrostro

Anonymous said...

Would be a lot of fun but probably not a good window covering if you have cats! - Mine would pull it down in an instant when they played with the strands! LOL

Anonymous said...

it would be nice if you could show the complete curtain with the header so we can see the finished product.

~Abby~ said...

Super Cute! I have never thought of doing that!!!!

ritag said...

I've been crocheting for 40 years, and this is the first time I have ever seen the crochet abbreviation "sa". Thanks Guanaja Sharon for asking about it. If you hadn't, I would have.

Susan Melody said...

With all the criticism no wonder Anonymous is. Love the idea, Donna! I could have figured out the sa meant same. Logic. :)

Nikki said...

What a neat idea. I never would have thought of it in a million years. Thanks for sharing your creativity!!

emmabarton said...

Very cute, and will keep this pattern for my son's room when we get our new place back east. :D

As for the "sa" instruction, not seen it in many a moon, but didn't hesitate... I knew right what it meant! I used to do "vintage patterns" all the time, it's not the most common, but still used. I see it most in pre-1950 patterns. lol

Anonymous said...

How would I add beads? I think that is a good idea!

Donna's Crochet Designs said...

Simple, string the beads onto your yarn. Before you finish the single crochet (2 loops on your hook) slide the bead down as close to the hook as you can and complete the stitch! One bead added!