July 24, 2007

Free Beaded Necklace Crochet Pattern

Free Beaded Medillion Necklace Crochet Pattern


MATERIALS NEEDED:
Size 10 crochet thread in Light Blue or a color to match your beads, size 7 crochet hook, large eye beading needle and 20 oz of size E mix color beads.

FINISHED SIZE: Medallion 2” across. Necklace is 22” long.

MEDILLION:
With lg eye beading needle on crochet thread, thread on 168 beads, remove beading needle, with 7 hook ch-3, sl st to form a ring.

RND 1: Ch-1, work (slide bead hdc) 8 times in ring, sl st top beg hdc, ch-1, turn.

RND 2-3: (2 hdc next st, hdc next st) around, sl st top beg hdc, ch-1, turn. (12 sts)(18 sts)

RND 4: * (slide bead, hdc) twice next st, rep bet () next st *, rep bet ** around, sl st top beg hdc, ch-1, turn. (27 sts)

RND 5: (2 hdc next st, hdc next 2 sts) around, sl st top beg hdc, ch-1, turn. (36 sts)

RND 6: (2 hdc next st, hdc next 3 sts) around, sl st top beg hdc, ch-1, turn. (48 sts)

RND 7: * (slide bead, ch-1) 3 times, sk a st, sl st next st, * rep bet ** 15 times, rep bet () 6 times, sk a st, sl st next st, rep bet () 8 times, sk a st, sl st next st, rep bet () 10 times, sk a st, sl st next st, rep bet () 12 times, sk a st, sl st next st, rep bet () 16 times, sk a st, sl st next st, rep bet () 12 times, sk a st, sl st next st, rep bet () 10 times, sk a st, sl st next st, rep bet () 8 times, sk a st, sl st next st, rep bet () 6 times, sk a st, sl st next st, fasten off.

NECKLACE:
With Blue thread and lg eye beading needle thread on remaining beads in the bottle (about 272), remove beading needle, with 7 hook and leaving a long tail, (ch-1, slide bead) 136 times, sl st top medallion, rep bet () 136 times, ch-1, fasten off. Knot tails and trim ends.


http://www.donnascrochetdesigns.com/



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this necklace. I am glad I found your blog. I hope to make this necklace soon. Keep up the good work with all of your wonderful designs.
Joyce~n~South Tx

Annie said...

Nice pattern, I'll give it a shot. I make ones with buttons. Last week my mom gave me an old shawl pattern which when followed ended up in a ball. I re-wrote it & it turned out wearable. I like old patterns too. I'll keep checking in with you from Columbus Ohio

Anonymous said...

absolutely beautiful

Anonymous said...

very nice,I used to be a crocheter then became a jewelry maker.I have made almost one thousand earrings and necklaces but have NEVER tried bead crochet,this sounds like something I want to learn but haven't crocheted in several years and have forgotten how to make the basic stitches.Where do I start??I have the basic equiptment I think.